Thursday, October 14, 2010

Doctor's Office

Attention All Parents!

If your child is sick you MUST take them to my doctor's office.  As soon as your sick child walks into the waiting room, they will be miraculously cured.  They will feel so great, in fact, that they will dance and run in circles in the middle of the waiting room, yell at the fish in the tropical fish tank and be sassy to the other patients waiting to see a doctor.

Don't believe me?  Well, I know it works, because it happened to me just today.  Ella very suddenly came down with a very high temperature this morning.  She was complaining about hurting everywhere and shivering with cold chills.  She was extremely lethargic and fussy.  It happened quite suddenly.  One minute she was playing and chasing the cats, and the next, she was in my lap wrapped in blankets and moaning with discomfort.  Normally, I'm not the "run your kid to the doctor as soon as they get the sniffles" kind of parent.  But, the sudden onset of symptoms had me a little worried and perplexed.  So, I made an appointment at our pediatrician's office for this afternoon.  As we waited at home for our appointment, her temperature continued to rise.  You could feel the heat coming off of her.  But, as soon as we walked through the doors of the doctor's office, she felt better.  It was amazing!  She was running in circles, jumping, dancing and singing.  She was squealing about the tropical fish and entertaining everyone in the waiting room.

 One woman decided to start up a conversation with Ella.  She said, "you are very cute, how old are you?" Ella just stared at her and then yelled, "stop talking to me!"  I turned beet red and apologized.  "I'm so sorry, she really doesn't feel well."  To which the woman replied, "she looks like she feels fine to me!"  I wanted to hide in the bathroom.

When we finally got back to see the doctor, her temperature was completely gone.  Her ears looked fine, her nose looked fine, her throat looked fine.  In fact, there was not one thing wrong with her.  It was a MIRACLE.  I was amazed.

I was even more amazed when I went to check out and saw my bill.  But, hey, I guess miraculous cures don't come cheap.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me happy! :-)