Friday, November 19, 2010

Family

I love this picture:


Not only was this picture taken in one of my favorite places...Pagosa Springs, CO...it also has a few of my very favorite people in it.  They are my family.  The people in this picture are family...they love each other. Grandchild, pawpaw, brother, sister, daddy, daughter, son...family.  Yes family, even though, with the exception of Ella, no one in this picture shares one bit of genetic material.  That's right, not one ounce of DNA is shared among any of these boys.  Yet, they are family just the same.  


I'm so thankful that real family has nothing to do with genes or chromosomes.  Real family has everything to do with love...and devotion...and commitment.  It's the people who tell you what you need to hear, instead of what you want to hear.  Family consists of the people you want to call when something goes right and the first to show up when something goes wrong.  They are the people on which you can depend.  


So, maybe these guys don't share the same eyes, or the same hairline, or any other genetic characteristic. But, they wholeheartedly love each other and take care of each other.  They are family.  I am so grateful that they are MY family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me happy! :-)