Thursday, November 29, 2012

Anna Kate is One!

Can you believe that Anna turned one last week?  I cannot.  This year has gone by in a flash.  I took Anna to the doctor today.  She is still tiny.  She only gained 1 1/2 lbs. in the last 3 months!  She is 16 pounds, and 30 1/2 in.  That makes her 4th percentile for weight and 92nd percentile for height!  She wears 9-12 month clothing and size 3 diapers.  (Really, she could probably still wear size 2 diapers, the 3s are a little big...tiny baby). 

She is starting to talk up a storm (all 3 of my kids have been early talkers.  Maybe I talk too much?).  She says: mama, dada, bubba, Aya (Ella), and woof!  When she hands you something she says, "go."  I think she's trying to say, "Here you go."  She can point to your nose, your eyes and your mouth.  Her favorite games are patty cake and peek-a-boo.  She is a mama's girl...seriously.  Whenever anyone else approaches her, she grabs the back of my arm and holds on.  She does not want me out of her sight. The doctor assures me this is normal and that I will be able to go to the bathroom alone again sometime in the forseeable future.

She did the army crawl exclusively until she was 10 months old.  Then she started crawling up on all fours.  She is all over the place.  She is pulling up on the furniture and cruising.  She shows NO interest in walking on her own yet.  She hasn't even tried it.  She's my 3rd, so this is perfectly fine with me. 

She has 2 cute little bottom teeth.  She loves to hug Aidan and Ella.  She lays her head on their shoulders and says, "awww," while patting them on the back---sweetest thing, ever.  She has always been a very laid back baby, but in the last month, she's developed a tiny temper.  She growls at people.  It is hilarious to see such a tiny little thing growling.  If you tell her "no," she cries like you broke her little heart. 

She loves to dance, and therefore, loves any toy that plays music.  She is fascinated by dropping things into buckets.  She loves cashew chicken and cheesy chicken with rice, honey nut cheerios, and crackers.

She has 2 dimples and big blue eyes and is as sweet as she can be.  I can't believe a year went by that fast, but I also can't remember what we ever did without her.  We all love her dearly.  Ella says, "when she gets older, I'm going to tell her about how cute she was as a baby," and "she is so cute, I love her little head."  Aidan says, "she is the cutest baby ever, I just love her so much."  And her parents are just as smitten.  I foresee one very spoiled little girl.  :)



 
Happy birthday sweet girl.  We love you so much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me happy! :-)