Saturday, December 18, 2010

Happy Birthday

Happy birthday to Aidan.

Aidan:  2 days old

Eight years ago, I received the best gift...and I became a mother for the first time.  In a lot of ways, this little baby saved my life...and healed my heart.  He taught me about love...especially God's love.  He was a perfect gift that I didn't deserve.  God is so generous with me.

Aidan:  1 year


He was born during the Geminids meteor shower, which happens every year on his birthday.  My mom and dad saw 3 shooting stars on the way to the hospital.  He was 3 weeks early...but big!  He had the chubbiest cheeks you've ever seen.  There's not an inch of fat on him now...not even enough to hold his pants up...so it's hard to believe he was 30 pounds when he was only a year old!  His daycare teachers called him the gentle giant because he was so calm and laid back.  

Aidan @ 2 years old, with Granny's azaleas in Arkansas
2 year old Aidan on the tire swing in Arkansas

2 year old Aidan with Daddy Ray in Colorado


Aidan has always loved trains, and music.  He used to sing everywhere he went, especially in the car.  I don't know if I've ever told him this story, but before I even knew I was pregnant with Aidan, I had a dream that I saw my grandmother in heaven.  She was sitting in a rocking chair rocking a baby boy.  I asked her if the baby was my baby brother (my mom lost a baby after me).  She replied, "no, this is your son."  Shortly after having that dream, I found out I was pregnant with Aidan.  I knew it was going to be a boy, and I knew he was going to be special.

3 year old Aidan in Rocky Mountain National Park
Playing with his trains...in a box
3 years old


Lately, he loves to play Wii, DSi, and Legos.  He is great at math.  He just sees numbers differently.  He can figure it all out in his head.  He's also doing great with reading and writing.  We could not be more proud of him.  I can't believe he's almost half way finished with 2nd grade.

Aidan--4 years old @ Cascade Falls

Four Year old Aidan with his guns up!

Right now, he wants to be a cartoonist when he grows up.  He loves art, and seems to have some talent for drawing.  We'll see if he changes his mind...for the longest time he wanted to be a pilot...and before that, it was a scientist.  He is a great big brother...he does all the things a big brother is supposed to do...he protects his sister, bosses her around, teaches her new things, plays with her, and aggravates her to no end.  


Aidan--5years old...no training wheels!


Aidan...5 yrs old...with Ella


Aidan, 5 yrs old, with the Blue Angels in Florida
Aidan is a wolf scout now.  He loves cub scouts.  He says he wants to be an eagle scout.  He loves doing all the cub scout activities with his pawpaw.  He is a pawpaw's boy for sure...except when he's a mama's boy (which is only when pawpaw is not around).

Aidan--6 years old at Pawpaw and Nana's cabin

Aidan---6, almost 7 at Eagle Mountain Park

I'm not sure where all the years are gone...or how it's possible for someone to grow so much in 8 years.  I AM sure that I LOVE being Aidan's mommy.  I feel incredibly lucky and blessed that I was chosen and trusted to be his mom.  Sometimes, I would like to stop time for a while...it feels like it is blazing by so fast...I want to hold onto these years with Aidan.  But, time stops for no one...and I am excited to see what he will become.  
Aidan--7 yrs. old...with Ella in Ouray.

Aidan, 8 years old!  Happy happy Birthday!!













1 comment:

  1. I'm posting this a few days late! I thought I had posted it already...life has been just a tad crazy lately.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! :-)