Wednesday, January 4, 2012

By Faith....

I haven't posted much lately.  I have resolved to try to do better.  My pregnancy and subsequent newborn have kind of stolen all my mental energy of late.  But, I've also been pretty heavy hearted lately, and it's always more difficult for me to write from that place...a little too personal, I guess.  This past year has been a difficult one for many sweet families that are close to us.  We have many friends struggling with unbearable losses, illnesses, difficult marriages, financial problems and on and on.  My heart is broken and pained for my sweet friends, and I want so badly to be able to alleviate some of the pain and some of the struggle for them.  It is frustrating at best and agonizing at its worst.  My spirit knows that God is sovereign.  He has a plan.  He knows better than me.  He works all things together for good.  But, frankly, my flesh wants to stomp its feet and pout and scream, "that's not fair!"  And it's not fair...and it's not right.  God never intended this for us...this fallen, broken, ugly world. 

This morning, while struggling with all this, God sweetly laid Hebrews 11 on my heart...the "faith chapter" to those in the church crowd.  One, that you read so much that sometimes its meaning is lost...until you sit back and truly digest what it means.  I've read it over and over this morning, letting it be a soothing balm to the knot of pain that's been gnawing at my chest today. 

Hebrews 11 reminds us that it is not this world we're living for anyway...it is for things unseen.  I am shifting my focus, "being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see...looking forward to the city with foundations, whose architect and builder is God...persevering because we see him who is invisible."  I am "admitting that I am an alien and stranger on earth...looking for a country of my own...a better country, a heavenly one."  And to my friends, who find God's peace in the midst of unbelievable circumstances, and who proclaim His goodness even in the middle of excruciating pain, "the world is not worthy of you."  I admire your faith and am honored to know you and serve God along side of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me happy! :-)