Friday, January 20, 2012

You Owe Me a Coke

Remember as kids how we would all shout "Jinx!" if someone said something at the same time as us?  The other person couldn't talk after that until you said their name.  And then later, it progressed to "pinch, poke, you owe me a coke!"  I don't know of anyone that actuallly got a coke out of this.  Well, this kind of stuff still goes on in schools today.   But, it seems they have evolved a bit.   Aidan has been saying these things for a couple of years now.  But today, was the best one.  We were talking to Ella and we both said the same thing at the same time and Aidan shouted, "Jinx, Double Jinx, Super Blackout Waterfall Jinx!"

Super Blackout Waterfall Jinx?

I asked him what that meant and he said, "You can't go to the bathroom for 2 days."


Now, how do you enforce that one?

In other news, I am proud to report that I have been selected by Reince Priebus himself to participate in a Congressional District Census...commissioned by the Republican Party.  It is a very prestigious selection.  I am one of the "select few" (that was even underlined in the letter) receiving this census.  "Because of my high level of political involvement..."  Wow!  I didn't know yelling at the TV during the news was a "high level of political involvement."  I would hate to see what they consider a low level of political involvement!  I was a little flattered at first, but then I realized they really just want me to send money.  There are a few multiple choice questions to fill out.  The 2 page letter asks for money on about 6 different occasions.  If they really wanted my opinion, they should have given me a blank page.  I have a few ideas I could share.

Sadly, the candidate I would be excited about, probably wouldn't even want to run.  Where is George Washington when you need him?

Finally, this has absolutely nothing to do with this post...but isn't my baby just adorable?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me happy! :-)