Wednesday, April 25, 2012

5 Months!

Well, I can't even catch my breath.  It feels like I just wrote a post about Anna being 4 months old, I turned around and now she's 5 months old.  She is really growing and changing now!

Her name, which we debated upon until several minutes after she was born, seems to fit her perfectly.

Anna:  Grace of God
Kate: Pure

She is the pure grace of God.  I love getting to know this sweet spirited little one.  She is a watcher...always quietly watching everything that goes on.  She loves her family.  She always has big smiles for Aidan and Mark when they get home.  She reached for Mark the other day as soon as he got home from work.  She is laughing more and more.  I even got her to squeal with my silly antics the other day.  She thinks Aidan is hilarious.  She was watching him dance from across the room the other day and started giggling at him.  When he walked over to her she lunged for him.  She is going to be her brother's girl. 

She is eating baby food now.  Her favorites so far are carrots and apples.  She can roll over...front to back and back to front.  She is trying so so hard to sit up.  She loves to snuggle.  She is still sleeping through the night (yay!!).  She usually takes 2 good naps every day.  She still loves her baby gym...she will lie there and play with it for well over an hour.  She scoots all over that thing.  She also loves her exersaucer.  She really is aware of toys and loves to play with them.

She is wearing 3-6 mos. clothes and has finally progressed to size 2 diapers. 

It looks like she has chosen a lovey...a giraffe, just like her sister.  We'll have to come up with a name for him.  But, when she gets sleepy, I can hand that giraffe to her and she pulls it close, rolls to her side and goes right to sleep...just like her brother and her sister with their loveys.  I always wonder what makes them fall in love with that one special stuffed animal.  All three of my kids did...and it was right around this age for all of them.

What a beautiful, wonderful, whirlwind 5 months it has been with our sweet Anna Kate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me happy! :-)