Saturday, March 20, 2010

Spring Break 2010

Spring Break Highlights:


*stayed up late

*slept in

*caught a fish

*took a long walk with Aidan in the woods

*skipped stones in the pond (at least, I tried to skip stones)

*pushed Aidan on his favorite wooden swing


*pushed Ella on the swing for as long as she wanted

*ran (and lost) relay races against Aidan, Mark and Lilly


*went for a boat ride


*paddled the boat all by myself

*tried to catch minnows in old salsa jars (it didn't work, but it was fun trying)


*laughed big belly laughs after my husband walked into a screen door

*read 2 books  (The AD Chronicles by Brock and Bodie Thoene...highly recommend them)


*sat on a porch swing with my husband just to talk

*enjoyed the spring flowers with Ella


*helped Aidan pull his tooth...the first one that HE pulled by himself...I just cheered him on.

*injured my nose while dancing (Mark's turn for big belly laughs)

*saw The Blindside with Mark (our first movie in about 10 mos...we were overdue!)

*Had a nice leisurely lunch at Olive Garden with Mark

*melted when Aidan grabbed my hand and said, "I love you, and I love going on adventures with you."

We had a great spring break...some much needed family time.  Wish we had more time.  How long until summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me happy! :-)