Friday, October 28, 2011

A Few Things

Just sharing some randomness today...too tired for much else!

I am almost 36 weeks pregnant.  In fact, the baby is due exactly 1 month from today.  It seems so far away...until I start thinking about all that I need to do, and then it seems really close.

The pregnancy seems to have hit especially hard this week.  I've felt a major slow down.  My back and my hips hurt, I have constant heartburn, and I can't sleep.  I'm short of breath most of the time.  Two little feet poking into your lungs will do that to you.  I hate that I feel so bad at this time of year.  The weather is so pretty, and there are so many fun fall things to do, but I'm having trouble finding the energy.  We haven't decorated for Halloween, and I never got around to planning our annual pumpkin carving party, so I guess those are things we're going to skip this year.  I didn't mean to skip them, it just kind of happened by default.  I'm glad I have understanding kids. 

Speaking of my kids, I am watching them play with hot wheels in the kitchen floor right now.  We let Aidan stay home from school today.  Mark had already taken the day off because he had some things he needed to do today.  We let Aidan stay up to watch the Rangers try to win the World Series last night.  We had no idea it would go into the 11th inning and last until midnight.  He was so tired.  Many times I looked over and thought the responsible thing would be to make him go to bed.  But he was wrapped in a blanket, snuggled up next to his daddy and they were high-fiving and cheering and groaning together...and I thought, some things are more important.  So, we all slept in this morning.  Aidan and Mark went to get donuts together this morning.  I noticed that Aidan just walks differently when he's with his daddy.  He carries himself differently.  I am so glad they have each other.  Boys need their dads, no doubt about it.  I said a little prayer this morning for all the boys growing up without one...there are far too many.

So, right now Aidan and Ella are playing hot wheels together on the floor, and Ella has been laughing big belly laughs all morning.  Though I feel a little twinge of guilt about not making Aidan go to school today, as I'm watching this scene I have to think again, some things are more important.  Sometimes, you just need a day to reconnect, to rest, to just play.  I know I was very grateful to sleep in this morning and have my husband bring me donuts and coffee.  He is such a good man, and I'm so thankful for him.

Ella is cracking me up (as usual) this morning.  She is wearing the new black dress shoes that my mom bought her with her play clothes.  As much as she hates all things girly...dresses, skirts, etc....the girl has inherited her mother's serious love of shoes.  She clapped her hands and jumped up and down when I showed her the 2 new pairs of shoes from Nana.  She's been wearing them ever since.  She wore them with her pajamas last night.  I had to talk her into taking them off to get into bed.  So, she carefully took them off, buckled them and put them right beside her bed.  Then, she put them on first thing this morning.  Aidan tried to get her to put on socks and slide around the kitchen floor with him earlier, but she refused to take off her shoes.  She said, "but I love my shoes."

I love that both of the kids are excited about their new sister.  They both love to talk to my belly.  Aidan discovered that if he put his face next to my belly and made a high pitched squeaking noise the baby would kick his hand.  Ella can't wait to read her a story and give her a bottle (that'll be a little tricky at first since I'll be nursing, but I'm sure we can work something out!).

We are all really bummed about missing our Arkansas Thanksgiving this year.  In fact, I need to find the energy in the next few days to make Frozen Salad for the boys.  They both love it, and I don't think Aidan will accept that it is Thanksgiving without it.  I'm planning to make it and freeze it until Thanksgiving.  It should be an interesting holiday this year with my sister in-law and I both due to have our babies that week.  We may be having Hospital Turkey this year (oh I hope not!!). 

Well, I guess that's all for now...if you think of us this week, pray for rest and energy!  One month to go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me happy! :-)