Monday, March 19, 2012

A Fairy Wonderful Party

Last weekend, we celebrated Ella's 4th birthday.  Let me start by saying, that I cannot believe she is 4 already.  I don't know where the time went.  She amazes me everyday with what a big girl she is becoming.  This year, she had a fairy party.  At first, she wanted a dinosaur party, but after 9 years of doing boy parties, I was hoping for something a little more girly.  So, after promising her there would be dragons too...she agreed to the fairy party.  I thought it turned out really cute, and Ella loved it.  She has been telling everyone about it.

Check out some of the things I did for her party:

These are Ella's party guests.  You can't really tell in the picture, but I bought fairy wings and wands for all the girls, and light up swords for the boys.  I got the fairy wings from www.haloheaven.com.  They were about $1.10 each, and super cute.  (Ella's tutu is from that website too...it was only $4!)The wands were from the dollar spot at Target.  The swords were $1 each and from Michaels.  I also got some tubes of fairies and dragons from Michaels.  We hid those in the living room and the kids had to find them.  Those went in their favor bags.  We also did a pinata (the pictures didn't turn out).

My favorite part, was the food.  I covered the table with a pink table cloth.  Then I put white lights on top and covered that with green tulle.  Ella received 2 fairy houses for Christmas, so I used those on the table as well.



I loved how the cupcakes turned out.  I made these fairy sillouhettes using my mom's die cutting machine.  I used a star tip for the frosting.  Then I put edible purple glitter on top.  You can't see them in this picture, but I also found edible star glitter at Hobby Lobby and sprinkled a little of that on top also.  I was really happy with how they turned out.


The kids loved these fairy fruit wands.  I cut a cantaloupe in half to use as the base.  Then I put cantaloupe, grapes and strawberries on bamboo skewers and stuck them inside.  The kids liked these a lot, and they looked really pretty on the table.

For lunch, we had peanut butter and jelly sandwiches that I cut out with heart and star cookie cutters--another big hit with the kids!  We also had pretzels, carrots, cheese cubes, broccoli and pixie punch.  (the punch was a bottle of Welch's Mango punch mixed with about 3/4 of a 2 liter bottle of ginger ale...I threw some sliced strawberries in too...it was easy, fast and yummy).

I was so happy with how the table turned out.  :)

Ella got a pink cowgirl hat for her birthday.  She wants to be a cowgirl when she grows up.  I love the cowgirl hat with the tutu and fairy wings.  She definitely has her own style.

Blowing out the candles! 

The birthday girl with some of her presents.  I had a cute purple shirt and purple leggings that would have looked adorable with this tutu, but she insisted on wearing her bird shirt and maroon pants, and I was too tired to argue.  I think she looks adorable anyway.  I can't believe my baby Ella is 4!


So, that's another successful birthday party under my belt.  By successful, I mean it was fun, cheap and loved by the birthday girl.  I could have gotten really crazy with this party...there are so many fun ideas (curse you Pinterest!).  But, this was just enough...Ella loved it, my budget loved it and we all had a lot of fun.  So, how will I top it next year??







No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me happy! :-)