Monday, March 26, 2012

Anna is 4 Months Old!

Well, as usual, time has flown by at a breathtaking pace, and my little Anna is 4 months old now!  She had her check up today, and received rave reviews from the doctor.  She is long...25 inches, 85% for height, and lean...12 lbs., 25% for weight.  Her head grew a whole inch since her last visit, which puts her in the 10th percentile for head size...she's my little bitty one...much smaller than my other two.  I thought Ella was small, but Anna is even smaller.  Of course, all babies seem small after you've had a baby giant (Aidan was 30 lbs. when he was a year old!). 

This month, she is still sleeping through the night.  She is trying her best to roll over, but hasn't quite gotten all the way over yet.  She is babbling up a storm, and has even thrown a few consonants around lately.  She thrilled Aidan by saying "bu-bu" the other night.  She also tries really hard to say "mamamamama." 

The child never cries.  Seriously.  She cries a little bit when she's hungry, but I don't even know that it is a real cry.  It sounds pretty half-hearted to me.  She is the most laid back baby.  All of my kids have been easy going as babies, but Anna gets the prize. 

Her hair is getting longer on top.  It looks like it will be light brown, or maybe blonde.  She has a big bald spot in the back.  She really wants to sit up, and does a pretty good job of it, with a little help.

She is wearing 3-6 mos. clothes, but in some things can still wear 0-3 months.  She wears size 1 diapers.

She loves to hold onto my hair while she's sleeping.  She laughs if you tickle her, or make funny noises or lift her high up in the air like she's flying (think super baby!).  She uses a pacifier, but what she really loves is sucking on her middle two fingers.  We try to stop this, because when she's older, we won't be able to take away her middle two fingers...this is frowned upon.

 She loves to play with her toys on the floor.  She will talk and bat at them for over an hour.

She is sweet and cute and adorable, and she likes me best.  (Don't tell Aidan and Ella...or Mark for that matter).  I can hardly believe she's four months old and ready to start eating cereal already.  I call her a dangerous baby, because she's so easy I've started thinking I could have another one.  Maybe.  But, then I remember how tired I am and how old mature we are, and I think, maybe not.  I guess time will tell.  :)

Oh, and, she's beautiful.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me happy! :-)