Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Right Now

Right now, both of my girls are asleep.  The back door is open and the birds are singing.  And I am just sitting here, writing this.  I should be making the bed or picking up toys or wiping down the bathroom sinks and potties...or washing/drying/folding/hanging/ironing laundry...or working on dinner/dessert for tonight or vacuuming or any one of the zillion other things that need to get done today.  But, both girls are asleep.  That means, no one is climbing/crawling/nursing on me.  No one is asking me questions...or needing me to get them anything...there are no cartoons on...it is quiet and peaceful, and I haven't had quiet or peaceful in far too many days.  I am sitting here looking at my peach trees, listening to the birds, and I don't want to move.  I know that at any moment, one of the girls could wake up...and then it will take me 3 times as long to do any one item on my list than it would if I got up and did it right now.  But, it's quiet, and I'm tired, and I need just a minute to sit here...at least for right now.  Maybe in a minute I'll get up and tackle my list, but for right now, I am staying right here.

 ...stand still and consider the wonders God works.
Job 37:14

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me happy! :-)