Wednesday, November 14, 2012

We Bring These Gifts

The last 2 Christmases I have felt like I needed to do a better job helping my kids focus on Christ's birth.  We talk about it, but let's face it, for them, it's all about the presents.  I knew I needed to do a better job with holidays when I asked Aidan why we celebrated Easter and he said, "because that's when Jesus killed Adam and Eve."  sheesh. 
Anyway, I've had this idea to write a family devotional for Advent for the last 2 years.  I wanted it to be fun, but also meaningful.  I wanted it to have concrete ways that we could focus more on Jesus and on helping others.  So, this year, I finally wrote it.  I wrote a Bible study that not only teaches the Chrsitmas story, but also teaches families to be intentional about strengthening their relationship with Christ, to be intentional about loving on others and to be more appreciative of the amazing gift of God's son.  In the study, I have the kids think of one thing every day that they can do as a gift for Jesus.  I am excited to see what our family comes up with and how we are able to bless other families this Christmas season.
I wrote it with my kids in mind.  Then, I thought other families could really use this too.  So, I've been furiously working on it the last few weeks, and now it is finally ready.  I self-published it on Amazon tonight (only a digital version for now).  I would love it if you would check it out.  If you love it, please write a review so others can buy it and love it too.  Here's the link to Amazon:

 

The Bible study was written with families in mind, but I think it would be good for individuals and couples also.  If you're children are very small, you may have to modify a few of the activities for them.  I would love to hear your feedback.
Thank you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me happy! :-)