Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The Newest Member of Our Family



Meet Habiyamuremye Adrien, the child our family is sponsoring.  He is 5 years old and lives with his parents in Rwanda.  We had compassion Sunday at church a few weeks ago, and Mark and I both felt strongly that this was something we needed to do.  For a very small monthly contribution, this child will have access to food, education, and other services that help his family.  For less than my family spends on hamburgers each month, we could make a big difference in this child's life.  We let Aidan pick out which child we would sponsor.  He picked Habiyamuremye because he was the only one that didn't have shoes.  He really wants to buy him some shoes.  (It's possible that he HAS shoes, but just wasn't wearing them in this photo).  It has been such a blessing for our family to be able to help.  I love hearing Aidan pray for "Habi."  I hope it means as much to Habiyamuremye as it does to us.  We will be sending him pictures and letters soon.  I would love to meet him someday, and Compassion will allow you to travel to your child's home to meet them, but I'm not counting on us ever being able to make that trip.  Please join our family in praying for this little boy, or go to Compassion's web site to sponsor a child of your own.

2 comments:

  1. Aw, what a sweet child! I stumbled upon your blog while searching for posts on Compassion. May God bless you richly for your dedication to this ministry! :D

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! :-)