Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Prayer

This morning I decided to start the day off by praying with the kids.  It's been a stressful week getting ready for our vacation.  I knew we needed the focus and comfort that prayer brings.  Aidan and I had a good prayer time together.  I love hearing him talk to God.  I am always surprised by what he prays, and how mature his prayers sound for a 7 year old (not always...but usually).  Today, I prayed for peace in our home and the ability to focus on getting tasks accomplished for our trip.  I also prayed that God would help us guard our mouths, since we've all been sounding a little smart-aleky lately.  Aidan thanked God for Nana and Pawpaw and Mamaw and Gramps and then asked him to surround our car with angels on Friday as we are driving.  Ella did not want to participate in the prayer.  In fact, she didn't want ANYONE to participate in the prayer.  While we prayed, she marched around the kitchen table saying, "no praying!  Stop!  Stop!"  Aidan was very concerned about the condition of her soul and set out to teach her to pray.  It was amusing to say the least.  Aidan would tell Ella to say, "hi God,"  and Ella would growl, "hi, God."  She was not really into the praying business.  But, Aidan was persistent and finally got her to say, "Hi God, I love you, thank you for the angels."  It was sweet, even if she did sound like a monster.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me happy! :-)