Friday, May 20, 2011

Naming The Baby

We've started talking a little about possible baby names.  I have to say, there aren't any names that I just LOVE the way I loved Aidan and Ella.  I'm kind of stuck.  The kids, on the other hand, have lots of ideas.

Here are some of the best:

Ella:  Bubba Jr., Ella 2, Kudro, and my favorite-Chimpanzee.

Aidan:  His favorite name so far is Joe.  His next favorite is Jack, or as he said last night, "The Jackster."  He really wants the baby to have his middle name. I tried to explain that kids in the same family don't usually have the same name.  (Unless you're in George Foreman or Michael Jackson's family.)  While I'm not crazy about the names Aidan has picked, he has made quite a bit of progress since I was pregnant with Ella.  His top choices for Ella were Lightning Boy and Gerald.

Last night we were talking about middle names, and I said to Mark, "we could always use Edward as his middle name."  Aidan said, "Edward?!?  If you went to school and told the kids your middle name was Edward, you would be laughed at.  You would be the nerd of the whole school."  Then I told him that Edward was his daddy's middle name.  His reaction was pretty funny.  He covered his face and laughed for a long time.  Then at bedtime, he told Mark, "sorry about the whole Edward thing."  I have to say, it was pretty funny.  It's a good thing Mark is such a good sport!

I told Mark we should name the baby something that means fire, or something fire related.  Aidan means "little fire," and Ella means "torch."  I thought we could keep that theme going.  Mark suggested we name the baby something that means, "extinguisher."  He might be on to something.

My mom always has lots of suggestions...like Remington, or Seeton.  I think she's hoping the baby is on a soap opera some day.  It's not that I don't like those names, they just don't seem to fit with our family.

So, does anyone have any good baby name suggestions for me??

(*Please note, this post is not meant to offend anyone named Edward, Remington, Seeton, The Jackster, or Chimpanzee.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me happy! :-)