Tuesday, May 24, 2011

This and That

Today I'm sharing just a few things that are bouncing around in my head.  I know you will leave here feeling enlightened.  :)

1.  Moon Dough is evil.  If someone gives your child moon dough, it probably means you did something awful to them in the past and they have not forgiven you yet.  Seek forgiveness.

2.  I am now 13 weeks pregnant...27 weeks to go.  We had a screening for Down's Syndrome last week, which included an ultra sound.  The technician said she is 60% sure the baby is a boy.  I was already feeling that the baby was a boy.  But, now I am having to seriously think about our living arrangements.  A girl could have shared a room with Ella for years...I guess a boy can too, but we'll have to redecorate Ella's seriously girly room.  I LOVE Ella's very girly room.  On the bright side, my first boy was a smashing success...full of sweetness and love and cuddles, so I think it will be great.  (Oh, and the Down's screening came back normal!  Yea!)

3. This morning, Ella told me that I am funny and pretty...just like her.  I love her.

4.  Is it wrong that when the vet offered me pain pills for the dog yesterday, I happily accepted...not because I was all that concerned about his pain level (he was neutered), but because she said they would make him drowsy for a few days??  And I would love it if that dog would be just a little drowsy sometimes.  (They're not working, by the way).

5.  Mark totally predicted Josh Hamilton's home run last night.  I know he would want me to tell you that.  He also almost always correctly predicts the scores that the judges will give on Dancing with the Stars.  I think he cheats.

6. We need someone to keep our sweet, newly neutered, slightly energetic dog for 2 weeks while we are in Colorado.  Preferably someone with lots of space for him to run around.  Shoot me an email if you're interested in dog sitting.  I hate to kennel him for that long.

7.  Aidan's end of the year party is on Friday.  I am looking forward to it.  We are doing a Survivor Island theme.  The kids will have to make grass skirts out of streamers, dig marbles out of a ice cold "lagoon" with their toes, limbo, and bowl with a coconut.  I think it will be a great time.  I can't believe 2nd grade is over!  Even Aidan said it went by fast.

8. Ella insists that the baby is a chimpanzee.

9.  I read the other day that the more indigestion you have while pregnant the more hair the baby will have when it is born.  Ella might be right about the whole chimpanzee thing.

10.  Mark just called and needs me to bring something to him at school.  That's not really worth a spot on the list, but I had to have a #10...can't have an odd numbered list!

Have a great Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me happy! :-)