Thursday, June 9, 2011

Sweet Summer Time List

I haven't been blogging much lately because I've been with my sweet babies around the clock, enjoying some summertime fun.  I love summer, and I love having Aidan home.

I've got a few minutes while Aidan complains about putting his laundry away, so I thought I'd make a list of what's been going on around here.

1.  Ella has been coming up with some very creative names for her toy animals lately.  Two of my favorites of late are, "Phantom Button-Head" and "French Apple Princess."

2.  Nothing says summer quite like a beautiful bouquet of wildflowers picked by my sweet boy on a walk one evening.

3.  We're having a big garage sale tomorrow.  I've been feeling claustrophobic lately, especially with the baby coming.  I don't know how we're going to fit.  We're changing the family room into more of a playroom, so we're getting rid of our big, more formal looking furniture.  Someone, please buy it, so I don't have to move it anymore.  

4. Speaking of the baby, we are now 15, almost 16 weeks along.  The morning sickness is pretty much gone, except for an occasional episode when I'm really tired or really hungry.  I go to the doctor on Tuesday for a check up and I'm going to try to sweet talk her into doing the anatomy sonogram BEFORE we go to Colorado instead of after.  So, if I get my way, we should know if the baby is a boy or girl in the next 3 weeks or so.  

5. We have been swimming almost every day this week.  In fact, I think one day we went 4 times in less than 24 hours.  Ella LOVES swimming this year.  Which is nice, because she's been kind of difficult to take swimming in the past.  Hopefully, we can get her some swimming lessons this summer.  

6.  It's hot.  Very, very hot.  And, it's only June.  July and August aren't looking so good.  I don't think I'll come back from Colorado until October.  Do you think my in-laws would mind?  Pregnancy + 100 degree temps= a very miserable mommy.

7.  It looks like our next crop of peaches will be ready before our vacation.  That's good news, because last year, someone picked them clean while we were gone.  I haven't gotten over it yet.

8.  In addition to Colorado, we're also going to the beach this year.  I am super excited about that.  If we can work it out, we're going to try to get in a trip to Sea World also.  Did I mention that I LOVE summer?

9.  Oh, and we have been playing with Legos this summer.  Okay, not so much "we" as Aidan...and his friends.  These are some pictures that we took of their creations the other night.  They are hoping we can get them published in the Lego magazine.


10.  We're trying to find lots of free and "cool" things to do this summer.  The Saginaw Library is doing their reading program again.  If you sign up, you get a free pass to the Fort Worth Museum of Science and History.  And, if you read 5 books, you get a free circus ticket.  Plus, you can go watch their story book theater every Wednesday, if you can stand all the rude parents that sit in the back and talk so that no one can hear.  Our school district is serving free lunch, regardless of income, to all kids under 18 all summer...so if you're really desperate to get out of the house...there's always that.  The movie theater is showing $1 movies on Tuesday and Wednesday at 10 am.  What are you doing this summer that is free or cheap??

1 comment:

  1. The Amon Carter Museum of Art has story time Wed. 10:30 - 11:30 am. Free.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! :-)