Wednesday, June 1, 2011

This Boy

I'll start by saying that I should be cleaning my kitchen right now.  But, I cleaned it yesterday...yesterday when I was running fever, and had a sore throat, and nauseous...I cleaned it anyway.  And today?  Well, today it is a disaster already.  Someone must be messing it up in the middle of the night.  Maybe one night when I'm up for the 300th time to use the restroom, I'll catch who's doing it.

But, enough complaining...the real reason for this post is to brag on this boy:


This boy, is now a Bear Cub in cub scouts.  How is that possible?  Wasn't it last week that I was buying that tiger cub uniform?  He has learned so much from cub scouts, and worked so hard on all of his achievements.  You can't see them in this picture, but he has 4 silver arrow points and one gold arrow point for doing electives on his own from his wolf cub handbook.  He also earned the Texas Badge and the Leave No Trace Badge this year.  We are so proud of him.


This boy, LOVES field day.  He won the first round of the 50 yard dash.  He ran his little heart out, and gave it all he had.  He never slowed down to look back like he did in 1st grade.  He just ran, and I was so proud of him for trying so hard.





This boy, is a 3rd grader now (as of tomorrow).  Wasn't it just a minute ago that I wrote this post about 
Aidan starting 1st grade?  He grew so much in 2nd grade.  Doing his best started to matter to him.  We went from having to study spelling words every night, to never having to study them, because he would memorize them on his own at school.  He started doing his best to write neatly.  He has stopped trying to read fast, and started reading with expression.  (He asks me many times while he's reading, "am I reading with expression?)  He's aced everything that's come his way.  He points out waxing crescent moons and cumulonimbus clouds.  He does double digit multiplication...in his head.  He received a trophy for being a star student...only 2 are awarded per class.  He also made A honor roll and received a good citizenship award.  He's learned so much, and we are so proud of him.  



I love this boy, and I can't believe how fast he's growing.  Each little milestone is a mix of joy and agony for me.  I am so happy for how he is growing and all that he is getting to experience...and aching inside because it is all going so fast.  This boy is my pride and joy.  I love him to pieces.  What a blessing he has been to his mommy.  This boy is one of the best gifts I've ever received (and quite possibly a huge part of the reason why I have to now go clean the kitchen, again!)

I love you Aidan!  Congratulations on another great year!

Love,
Mommy




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me happy! :-)