Saturday, February 4, 2012

Anna Laughs, an I-Phone, and other Randomness

Well, today was the day...the day that will go down in baby book history...Anna laughed out loud.  She's been giggling for several days, but today was the first real baby book worthy laugh.  My mom was holding her and kissing her little chubby cheeks and Anna laughed!  What a great sound!  She laughs with her eyes first.  Absolutely precious.  She is a very happy baby anyway.  She is so peaceful and smiley all the time.  I can't wait to hear her laugh more and more.

Today was also the day that I got my i-phone.  I was a little hesitant to get it, and I've really had no interest in having one.  I think they just might be our downfall.  True story...a while back, Mark and I were at the most beautiful, romantic wedding I've ever been to (besides my own) and at one point I looked up and over half the people there were staring at smart phones...twittering about the wedding, no doubt...and missing the whole experience.  Anyway, all that to say, I never really wanted a smart phone.  However, my old "dumb" phone had stopped working.  It was always freezing up, and to get it to work, I had to take the battery out and then put it back in.  So, when I came due for a free upgrade, smart phones were about the only thing they were selling and the i-phone was free.  So, I reluctantly got one.  How do I feel now that I have it??  Eh.  It's okay.  But, it stresses me out.  It has a glass screen and I have 3 little kids.  Do I need to say more?  I feel like it's another thing for me to keep up with and take care of...and there is not a lack of that in my life.  So, it kind of makes me feel burdened.  I haven't gotten to play with it much yet, so I'm sure it will grow on me.  I know I'll like the calendar/shopping app, and the traffic and map apps.  There have been a few times when that would have come in handy.  But, if you see me staring at my phone and ignoring my family, please feel free to slap my hand and give me a firm, "NO!"  Oh, and did you know you have to pay extra monthly to have a smart phone...that's dumb, not smart.  Maybe I'm just getting too set in my ways.

Should I even start a paragraph about the NFL awards show that Mark is watching right now?  Do these people really need more awards and accolades...or attention??  Good grief.  I do love how the last two guys have made a point of thanking Jesus...Mark and I were just talking about how everything we do should bring glory to God, so, way to go NFL guys that I know nothing about.

Okay, I'll close with a funny, slightly disturbing story.
Mark was at Chic-Fil-A today and noticed that they were having Daddy-Daughter date night tonight.  So, he came home and said, "Ella, do you want to go on a date with daddy tonight?"
Ella said, "No."  He asked again, and she said, "why?"  I said, "you're daddy's little girl and he wants to do something special with you."  To which Ella replied, "why does my dad always want to date little girls?"  Oh, heaven help us.  Can we all just stop right now and say a little prayer that Ella doesn't go to church tomorrow and tell our pastor, or her Sunday School teacher, or ANYone that her daddy likes to date little girls?? 

One last thing.  Does the NFL really need an "official tire?" 

Oh, and one more one last thing...who should I root for in the Super Bowl tomorrow night?  It would not be possible for me to care one iota less about either of the teams that are playing.  So, someone tell me who I should root for and why and I'll go with that.  I could just go with Mark and pull for the Giants, but he doesn't really know anything about who to root for (Steelers fan...it's pitiful).  So help me out...I need to cheer for someone.

Okay, I'm done,
Jessica
The official blogger of the NFL
(not really)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me happy! :-)