Wednesday, February 8, 2012

A Few Things...

Just a few random thoughts about our week so far:

1.  Yesterday, Anna reached for me for the first time.  A friend was holding her.  When she heard my voice, she turned toward me and smiled, and then she reached out for me.  My heart might have burst with joy, just a little.

2. Last night, Ella reached over, out of the blue, gave me a big hug and a kiss.  She said, "I love you mommy.  If I go to heaven you won't be able to see me anymore."  I am still a little creeped out by that.  I don't know what made her say that.  There's really no telling with Ella.  Does anyone else ever get creeped out by the things their kids say?  It was eerie. 

3.  This morning I walked into the kitchen.  I was very excited to see through the kitchen window that a hawk was sitting on our fence.  I went to get my camera to take a picture, he flew away.  I was pretty bummed that Mark wasn't here to see it, because we both love to see hawks.  Hawks Rock...Spring Break 2004!!  (Only Mark will understand that, sorry)

4. This is how Ella eats her powdered donuts.  Yes, on rare occasions I give my children powdered donuts for breakfast.  Filled with gluten and processed sugar, and who knows what else.  I am so ashamed.  Please don't turn me in to the FDA.  What's funny is I won't give them to them for lunch, but I don't have a problem with breakfast.  Hmmm.  Anyway...this is what Ella leaves in the bowl for every donut:


She eats all around the edges, and leaves the middles.  You may think this is strange; I think it's genetic.  You see, this is EXACTLY how Mark eats his hamburgers.  Who knew such a thing could be passed down to your children. 


5.  Anna has slept all the way through the night (from 9 or 10 until 6 or 7) for an entire week!  I am so excited about this.  Maybe, just maybe, in the near future, I won't feel completely exhausted. 

I hope everyone is having a good week. 

Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me happy! :-)