Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Around Here

What's been going on in your home lately?  Around here, we've been celebrating fall.  We kicked it off with my birthday party.

I predicted that this picture wouldn't turn out well!  At least I'm smiling.

Me with 2 of my cutest birthday party guests

Aidan has his costume all ready for Trick or Treating...he wanted to be something really scary and gory...this was our compromise...scary enough for him, but not too gory and disgusting for me:

The Unknown Phantom...yes, that's really what the costume is called

I love fall, because the cooler temperatures revitalize my roses and other flowers.  These make me happy:





This year, Aidan found "the perfect pumpkin that is the perfect color!"  I think he did a great job.
What do you think?

These guys seem to like it:

Aidan and I got a very exciting surprise the other day.  We were so excited that we called our entire family to tell them about it, and spent a good 45 minutes looking at it.  What was the surprise that had us all a twitter, you ask?  Well, see for yourself:
That's right, acorns!  For the first time ever, our red oak tree is covered with lots and lots of cute little acorns.  I know, we are easily amused.  Acorns make me happy.

If you are the mother of a little boy, you will understand that it is not unusual at all to find an octopus floating in your guest bathroom sink.  This also makes me happy.  I love my little boy.


Ella graduated from her toddler bed to these cool bunk beds, thanks to my mom's garage sale picking skills:

So, that's what's been going on around here lately.  I'll close with a warning.  Never let your 7 year old boy dress your 2 year old girl, or this may happen to you:
You've been warned!














No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me happy! :-)