Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Family Night

Good Morning!  It's a beautiful day in our neighborhood...

This is the day that the Lord has made.  I will rejoice and be glad in it!


For the last couple of months or so, we have started having family night every Tuesday evening.  This is time we schedule to spend together as a family.  We spend lots of time together every day, of course, but this is scheduled, planned time.  I look forward to it, and so do the kids.  The first Tuesday of every month we use to teach lessons using a book of Simple Science Family Nights Tool Chest that I have.  It has fun science experiments that it uses to illustrate a lesson from the Bible.  

They are really fun and Aidan loves them.  Other nights, we have gotten ice cream and taken a drive, played wii all together, played outside...all fun, simple things.  

Last night, I decided to use this idea from my friend Jennifer's blog.  She has started a blog to challenge families to do things together to serve the community.  It is called Simple Acts of Kindness for Kids and Families.  You should check it out...you really should!  I LOVED this idea, and the kids were very excited when I told them about it.  Here are some of our cards:





Love this one...Mark is so creative

Butterflies make me happy  :o)


Awwww...notice the mountains?  He is his daddy's boy!

I think Mark is missing autumn in Colorado...Love his Aspen forrest!
Sweetness


More mountains

No sense beating around the bush...  :o)




I'm not sure who enjoyed the water colors more...the kids or the grown ups!  I thought they turned out really cute.  We're going to put some quarters in them today.  Then, on Saturday, we are taking a trip down to the stockyards.  We will leave our cards by the carousels and other rides that take quarters.  We're also going to leave some at the coke machines and the donut counter at church.  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me happy! :-)