Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Wanderlust...

...a strong, innate desire to travel or rove about.  (dictionary.com)
San Diego 2009
I've got it bad.

I've been feeling really restless lately, and I want to get out of town.  I want to go camping, or to the beach or the mountains...or Sea World...anywhere.  I just want to pack up and go.

Arkansas 2005


I love the feeling of pulling our packed car out of the driveway...kids armed with dvd's and snacks in the back...and going.  somewhere.  anywhere.  I want to see something new, something awe inspiring, or fascinating, something fun.  I need a break from spelling words and chore lists, laundry and dishes, schedules and routines...just a little break.


Gulf Shores 2008


I want to laugh with my kids and stay up late and eat ice cream and play.  I want to listen to music and talk to my husband while he drives.  I want to travel, and rove about.

Rocky Mountain National Park 2006
Ninety-five percent of the time, I'm perfectly content to be home...I'm quite the homebody usually.  But, when the travel bug bites, I need to go.  When I see out of state plates or cargo carriers on cars...I get the urge to roam.  Insert "big sigh" here.  Maybe soon we'll hit the road and go.

1 comment:

  1. I am with you! I want to get out of town as well.

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! :-)