Tuesday, September 7, 2010

The Heart of a Child

     Just before it was time to pick Aidan up from school today, it started pouring down rain.  I mean, really pouring down rain.  It was, what we call in Texas, a gully washer.  The water was running down the street so fast that it washed my trash can and recycling bin down the street.  Of course, there was no where to park, so we had to walk in the rain.  The water was well over my ankles in many places.  I was juggling 2 umbrellas and a two year old while trying to get to Aidan.  Of course, dismissal was chaotic and the kids were crazy because of the rain.  It would have been easy to be irritated.  But, then Aidan walked out the door.  He was all smiles and twinkly eyes.  He said, "Yes!  Finally, I get to use an umbrella!"  He excitedly jumped in the car and asked if he could have hot chocolate when he got home.  As soon as we got home, he ran in his room and put on his comfy pajamas, turned on the tv and asked for his hot chocolate and his snack.  The rain, after a long hot summer, was an event to be celebrated to him, not an annoyance.  Lord, help me to be more like Aidan...full of joy and wonder.  Help me to have the heart of a child.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me happy! :-)