Friday, September 24, 2010

Writer's Block

I have writer's block.  They say the best way to cure writer's block is to just write something...anything.  But, that's just goofy, because if you had something to write about, you wouldn't HAVE writer's block.  But, I haven't updated this thing in several days...so I'm updating...even though I have nothing interesting to say (you may think that's what I do every time I update the blog...haha!)

So let's see...what to say??

I took Ella and Cooper to the post office and the car wash today.  To hear their excitement, you would have thought I took them to Disney World.  Which is fine with me, since today's outing cost a total of $4.58, and Disney World would be more like $4,058.  Speaking of the post office, I refuse to buy books of stamps.  They always look at me weird when I just want enough stamps to mail the 2 or 3 things I need to mail that day.  But, I have this theory that every time I buy an entire book of stamps, the price of a stamp goes up the next week.  And, they don't print the price on them anymore, so you never know which stamps you have...are they from 2 price hikes ago, or 3?  It's very confusing.  I'm doing everyone a favor by not buying stamps...because now they won't raise the price again.  I tried explaining all this to the postal worker today that tried to sell me a book of stamps, but she just looked at me like I was nuts.  Maybe I am.  It didn't help that both Ella and Cooper were spinning in circles singing weird songs that they made up.

What else?  Hmmm...got a whole van load of "new" toys for the kids yesterday.  My cousin decided it was time to part with all of her childhood toys and my lucky kids got to be on the receiving end of that.  We got a kitchen for the patio, a toy washer/dryer/ironing board combo, a Fisher Price grocery store and a post office...all kinds of stuff, I don't even remember what all we got.  But, the kids have been playing with it non-stop since yesterday.  To hear their excitement, you would think we had a Toys R Us shopping spree. Again, that's fine with me, since that would have cost about $1000, and this cost us a big fat nothing.

We've all been sick all week...lots of runny noses and yucky coughs.  Mark and I have almost completely lost our voices. It hasn't been very fun.  I'm not a fan of being sick.  =(  I especially don't like it when my little people are sick.  Cooper is staying with us today, because he's been sick.  We're just one big, sick, happy family.

Aidan has his rain gutter regatta tomorrow for cub scouts.  Last year, he was the champion of all the tiger cubs.  He's hoping for a repeat this year.  I think I am more nervous about it than him.  I know he won't always win everything, and it's good for him to learn to lose well, but inside, I want him to win so bad I can hardly stand it.  I can't stand for that boy to be disappointed!

Looks like we may finally get some fall weather next week...at least fall-ish.  I can't wait.  I love crisp mornings and crisp evenings.  I think we'll spend lots of time at the park next week.  Maybe we'll make a trip to the zoo.

Ella seems to have mastered the whole potty training fiasco.  It only took her a few days to really get it down.  I figured out with her, I had to act like it didn't matter to me one iota if she used the potty or not.  If I acted too excited or too anxious, she was going back to diapers for sure.  She definitely has to do things on her own terms...or she's digging her heels in and you can just forget it (don't tell anyone, but she just may have gotten that from me).

I guess I better end this rambling mess.  I need to go do my time on the tread mill.  I borrowed one from my parents, thinking I would be more likely to do it if I could do it at home.  I wish I liked exercising.  But, I don't.  There.  I said it.  I don't like exercising at all.  It's kind of stupid.  And, it's a waste of time.  All I can think about is all the other things I could be doing if I wasn't exercising.  Sometimes I find it a little annoying when people like to exercise (if you like to exercise and you're reading this, I don't mean you).  Seriously, why would you like it?  I know there's the runner's high and all that nonsense about energy...but, can't you just drink a coke?  Then, you don't get all sweaty and have to shower again...more wasted time.  But, I struggle with vanity and I want to be skinny again...pre-Ella skinny.  So, off to the treadmill I go.  If you stayed with this post this long, I'm sorry...you probably should have stopped long ago and done something more productive, like exercise.


ShabbyBlogsDividerD.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me happy! :-)