Saturday, September 11, 2010

Hermit Crabs

     Right now there is a dead and dismembered hermit crab on top of my TV.  Apparently, being a hermit crab is risky business.  All hermit crabs molt.  And when they molt they are very vulnerable.  It seems that when our little hermit crab named Sleepy was molting, his buddy, Speedy, attacked him and tore him into pieces.  There are claws, legs, eyes and other unrecognizable parts scattered all over their cage.  It looks like the remains of a Hermit Crab Horror Movie in there.  I always liked Speedy too...until I found out he was a hermit crab murderer.  I know I need to clean up Sleepy's remains, but I just can't seem to make myself do it.  Have you ever seen a hermit crab out of its shell?  It looks like an alien.  I really don't want to touch it.  It's one of the hazards of being a mom of boys.  Being the mom of a boy has caused me to have a snake party, where the guest of honor was a live ball python.  It has caused me to have numerous rocks in my purse and pockets at any given time.  It is the reason I now know more about snakes, lizards and frogs than I ever cared to know.  It is why I now scour the earth for good deals on legos.  It is also the reason I've wasted more hours than I care to admit playing video games.  And now, it is the reason I will be removing a dead hermit crab from a cage, piece by disgusting piece.  I hope Speedy doesn't take my hand off while I'm cleaning up his kill.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me happy! :-)