Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Mommy Issues?

So, I've been noticing over the last several months, that EVERY time Ella pretends she imagines a daddy and a daughter.  Sweet, huh?  But, there's NEVER a mommy.  In fact, for Christmas, she got a doll house with a mom, a dad and 2 daughters.  But, she pretends it's a dad and 3 daughters.  When she plays horses, they are named Daddy and Sweetheart.  When she plays dinosaurs, it's a daddy and his daughter.  No matter what she's playing with, there's always a dad, and never a mom.

Of course, Mark loves it.  I think it's pretty cute too.  I have to admit, I've been kind of scared to ask her where the mommy is!  But, today, she was playing with 2 dinosaurs, and they were "Daddy" and "Daughter."  She had the "daughter" dinosaur come up to me and say, "Help me find my daddy."  I said, "Your daddy is over there."  Seeing my opportunity, I said, "where is your mommy, little dinosaur?"  She said, "She's not here."
"What happened to her," I asked.
"The dragon took her."
"Should we go rescue her?"
"No."

I'm not sure what it means, but I'm saving this post for her future therapist.  Or my future therapist.  Whichever comes first.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me happy! :-)