Sunday, January 30, 2011

Corn, Rice and Bean Burritos

I'm making out my weekly menu, so Ella and I can do our shopping in the morning.  If you don't plan out your meals, you should give it a try.  We save so much money...and so many last minute trips to restaurants because we always know ahead of time what's for dinner that night.  This recipe is really yummy...healthy, inexpensive and easy.  What more could you ask?  My kids love it too, which is always nice.
 
Ingredients:
1 1/3 c. frozen corn, thawed
1 med. onion, finely chopped
1 med. green pepper, finely chopped
1 Tbsp. oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 1/2 tsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp. ground cumin
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 1/2 c. cooked brown rice
8 flour tortillas, warmed
3/4 c. shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 c. reduced-fat plain yogurt
2 green onions, sliced
1/2 c. salsa

In a large skillet, saute the vegetables until tender.  Add the spices, cook 1 min. longer.  Add beans and rice; cook until thoroughly heated.  Spoon about 1/2 c. filling onto each tortilla.  Top with cheese, yogurt and green onions.  Roll up burrito style.  Serve with salsa (and chips!).  

Enjoy!

Oh...and while you're here...vote for your pick for the Super Bowl.  I'm torn...do I go with my husband and root for the Steelers...or go with Aidan and root for the Packers?  Isn't there a law against Cowboys fans rooting for the Steelers?  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me happy! :-)