Wednesday, April 13, 2011

I'm Back

It's been a while...I haven't been blogging because I've been caught up in a bout of nausea induced self-pity.  When you feel like you could toss your cookies at any second, it's hard to think of anything else, and I imagine most people don't want to read about how miserable morning sickness is...so I spared you the details.

Mark and I are trying to decide where we are going to put this new little bundle of joy.  Our house is pretty full...we are out of bedrooms.  But, we're not sure we could sell our house for enough right now to get out of it with anything to put towards a new house.  We found a house in a neighborhood that we LOVE that is in our price range, but it is still 3 bedrooms...it's a little bigger, and arranged a little better, so we think it would be more workable than what we have now...but, we just can't seem to take that leap yet.  We're praying that God makes his will clear to us in this area...if worse comes to worse we'll all just cram into this little house together.  We really like each other, so that's not so bad.

On another note, right now, Ella is sitting in the living room singing, "this is the stuff that drives me crazy!"  It is so cute, and I'm trying not to laugh, because that would make her mad.

I can't believe there are only 6 1/2 weeks left in this school year.  I am really excited about summer, but I CANNOT believe Aidan is going to be a 3rd grader.  I die a little bit every time I think about it.  He is such a sweet kid. When Mark and I were discussing buying this house the other night, Mark suggested we could save up and build on another room if we needed to.  He said, "in 10 years, we could build on."  I quickly pointed out to him that in 10 years Aidan would be going to college and we wouldn't need another room anymore.  And then my heart shattered into about 1,000 pieces.  Ten years?  That's it?  I remember when 10 years seemed like an eternity, but now it seems like a flash...especially where my kids are concerned.  Of course, we may have nothing to worry about, because when Aidan saw a commercial about going to college in your PJs he was very excited.  He said that's what he was going to do so he could stay home with me and get his work done quickly so we could play and watch tv.  I love that kid.

Sorry this post is so rambling...can you tell I haven't had much contact with the outside world in the last few weeks?
Now to what I really wanted to say today.

What I really wanted to say today is that with God, everything can be redeemed.  Everything.  A bad childhood, a bad decision, a bad relationship, abuses you've suffered, abuses you've committed, EVERYTHING.  Give it to Him and He will redeem it.  He will work it together for your good.  He will work it together for the good of others.  It doesn't matter how bad or ugly or embarrassing it is.  God can use it.  Guilt is never from God.  Conviction? Yes. Guilt?  Never.  How do you know the difference?  Conviction will address something that you are doing now and prompt you to change.  Guilt attacks you for things you did in the past and can't possibly change.  If you suffer from guilt or disappointment about the past, or if you think you are less qualified to serve God because of something that happened to you, you're wrong.  Give it to God and watch Him use it for something beautiful.  Everything can be redeemed.

That's been on my heart lately and I thought I needed to share it.

If you're reading this, we covet your prayers over the next several months...for my health and the baby's health and for discernment on what to do about our living arrangements...and that Aidan keeps his grades up so he can get into Pajama College.  :) We are so thankful for our sweet friends and family!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me happy! :-)