Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Snicker Doodles

I made snicker doodles the other night and took them to our small group.  Everyone really liked them.  Be careful...it's hard to eat just one or two!  This is a recipe I got from my grandmother when I was in 4th or 5th grade.  They are always a big hit.

Ingredients:
1 1/2 c. sugar
2 eggs, beaten
1 c. shortening (or you can substitute butter)
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. vanilla
2 tsp. cream of tartar
2 2/3 c. flour

1. Mix sugar, eggs, shortening and vanilla
2. Mix flour, salt, cream of tartar and baking soda
3. Slowly add dry ingredients to sugar mixture.
4. Roll into 1 inch balls, chill (at least 15 min.)
5. Roll in cinnamon and sugar
6. Bake on a greased cookie sheet at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me happy! :-)