Monday, April 25, 2011

Monday Stuff

We had a great weekend.  Aidan was home for the whole weekend for the first time in over a month.  His social calendar is so full...parties to go to, campouts, spending time with his grandparents...it was nice to have him home for the whole weekend.  He's getting so big.  I hope he knows how crazy I am about him.  We went to my parents' on Friday night and decorated Easter eggs and had a yummy dinner.  My mom even made a banana pudding, which I had been craving.  I think I ate more than my fair share.  The only food that sounds any good to me lately is food that other people cook...in their own house.  If I cook it, or have to smell it while Mark cooks it, I can't eat it.  So, the dinner was great.  What was even better, was watching my kids and my brother's kids play together.  I'm glad they're all close.  Cousins are the best.  My sister in law is pregnant too...and we're due at the same time!  So, these next 2 babies in our family will only be a few days apart.  Ella and Hayes (my brother's youngest) had a great time together.  They loved wrestling with their pawpaw and jumping all over the house together.  Ella is always saying that Cooper and Hayes are her best friends.  I really hope we get some more girls in this family, or she is going to be a hopeless tomboy!

On Saturday, we got up and took the kids to Cracker Barrel for a family breakfast.  Then the kids used their Easter money to buy some new toys in the store.  Next, it was on to the zoo.  The Fort Worth Zoo has a Dinosaurs Alive exhibit right now that is really cool.  The dinosaurs are scattered throughout the zoo and they are very realistic.  They move and growl.  Ella thought they were real.  But, she wasn't scared.  She wanted to feed them--even the t-rex.

Saturday night, we had more fun family time.  Aidan decided to not watch tv or play video games for a challenge at school.  At first he didn't want to, but when he saw everyone getting prizes, he wanted in on the fun.  So, he spent the weekend trying to come up with other ways to entertain himself.  Saturday night, he turned every room in the house into a carnival.  He made a map for Ella and me and gave us each a bunch of tickets.  He had games like Basketball-Golf (that Ella STILL wants to play), painting, horse lassoing, etc.  He's so creative, and Ella LOVED it.

Next, we made our resurrection cookies.  It seemed to take on a lot more meaning for Aidan this year.  I could see him really processing everything.

Aidan's tooth finally came out at 5:30 on Easter morning.  I know this because Aidan came flying into our bedroom shouting, "Mommy!  Mommy!  My tooth came out on Easter!  I can't believe it!  My tooth came out on Easter."  I about died of a heart attack, but at least the tooth is out!

Speaking of the tooth...he put it under his pillow last night, very excited about what the tooth fairy would bring.  He said she would probably bring a lot more this time since it was an Easter tooth.  I was awoken again at 6:30 this morning.  SOMEONE had forgotten to leave money under Aidan's pillow.  So, I awoke to a little boy bursting into my room again.  He held up his tooth and said, "I know you're the tooth fairy, because I didn't get ANYthing."  He was not happy.  And, I was not awake enough to think of anything to say.  I patted him on the back and told him to try again tonight.  I'm a little offended that he KNOWS the tooth fairy is me, because she forgot to bring him something.  Am I really that forgetful?  I don't remember.

So, if you were me, which excuse would you use:
"I bet the tooth fairy was off last night because it was Easter."

Or:  "I bet the tooth fairy couldn't get here last night because the storms were so bad.  It would not be safe to fly with all that lightning and win."

Please leave your vote in a comment on this post.  I'll let you know how it goes.

That's enough rambling for one post.  I'll close with some pictures.  Hope you all had a great Easter weekend.




Look at this green mamba...yuck!



The t-rex is chasing Aidan!


Happy Easter!

Hayes and Ella

Cooper and Aidan

Bubbles!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me happy! :-)