Thursday, April 14, 2011

Little Roger

We banished the kids to their rooms the other night, so we could have an actual conversation after dinner without having children running in circles around us.  How selfish of us, I know.  But, even though the kids complain when we do this, they always end up having a really good time.  And, they usually come up with something really strange to do.  Well, Aidan usually comes up with something really strange to do.  Ella just goes along with it.  The other night, Aidan dressed Ella up in his clothes and renamed her "Little Roger."  She started calling him "Big Roger."  Ella loved it so much, she wouldn't let us call her Ella for the rest of the night.  We had to call her "Little Roger."  When she got up the next day, the first thing she said was, "I want to be Little Roger again."  Check out Little Roger and Big Roger:


Big Roger and Little Roger, showing off their muscles

Do you notice that they each have a basketball and one  Spongebob slipper?
No doubt, my kids are strange.  They get it from their father.  But, they have a good time.  I thought it was interesting that Aidan taught her to "walk cool."  He also had her put a peppermint in her mouth, so she could "really look like a little Roger."  I'm not sure what that has to do with anything, but whatever.  While Ella was "Little Roger" she didn't use her normal voice.  She didn't use a deep voice either...but a very high pitched airy voice.  Aidan and I could hardly keep from laughing every time she spoke!
It's always a good time around here.  Can't wait to see how the new baby fits into this mess!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, you people are hilarious!! Thanks for putting a great big smile on my face today. Please thank Big and Little Roger for me, too! :)

    Hope

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! :-)