Thursday, February 3, 2011

Snow Fun

It is our 3rd snow day in a row!  I don't know if we've ever had this many in a row.  We have had so much fun with everyone home.  I love that since Mark is a teacher, if school is closed he gets to stay home too.  I hate when it's icy and you have to make that decision about going into work or not.  I'm sorry for those that this ice has caused such an inconvenience for...frozen pipes, electricity outages, etc.  Fortunately, this time has been a huge blessing for our family.  There is no where to go, and we've just been hanging out having a good time together.

If you're pulling your hair out wondering how to entertain your kids on the THIRD snow day, and the thought of your kids flying across the ice in a flimsy laundry basket doesn't scare you half to death, AND you can tolerate single digit temperatures, you should try this today:











Can you tell by their faces how much fun they're having?  One word of caution, if you do this, 8 year old little boys will NOT under any circumstances want to come in the house.  Even if his mother's fingers and toes turn black and fall into the icy street.  He will just laugh and say, "more! more!"  Then, you will have to use your mean momma voice and tell him to get inside before he freezes to death.  When that doesn't work, you will have to bribe him with hot chocolate.

These may be the cutest little snow babies I've ever seen...I mean, ice babies.  (ice, ice baby...sorry, I had to).





Happy snow days!  And don't forget to let those faucets drip...and stay home...and eat...at least that's what we're doing, and it seems to be working so far.

1 comment:

  1. You crack me up. Thanks for putting ice, ice baby in my head for the afternoon.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! :-)