Thursday, March 31, 2011

Two Short Stories

I've been a lazy blogger this week.  I just haven't been feeling well this week.  Too bad stay at home moms don't get sick days.  The more I try to rest, the more Ella "needs" my attention.  Oh well.

I wanted to share 2 little stories about my kids...who never cease to make me laugh.

#1:  The Man Eating Bat and Pink Foot

When we were in Arkansas, my dad was scaring the kids with tales of Big Foot in the woods.  So now, any time Ella hears a noise, her eyes get big and she whispers, "is that pink foot?"  I don't know how she got "pink foot" out of Big foot, but it makes me laugh.  Never one to be out done, Ella made up her own spooky story.  Her telling of the story went a little like this:
Ella:  My story is about a giant bat.
Pawpaw:  Where does your bat live?
Ella:  In a cave.
Pawpaw:  What does the bat eat?
Ella: Us, but it's favorite snack is chips.
Pawpaw:  Does he walk or fly?
Ella:  Pauses, gives her pawpaw a very serious look and says, "It's a bat."

Come on, everyone knows that bats fly.  What kind of question was that?  The look on her face and the tone of her voice were priceless.


#2:  Jesus Speaks Through Wii Fit

Aidan has his own Bible.  As is the case with many Bibles, all the words spoken by Jesus are red.  We have talked about this before.  The other night, he was at his Pawpaw and Nana's house playing Wii Fit.  Some of the words from the game were highlighted in red.  Aidan gasped and said, "Look!  Jesus said that!"  It took me a few seconds to realize he was talking about the red words.  Maybe I should explain to him that not ALL red words are Jesus' words...only the ones in the Bible.  Otherwise, he could get seriously confused!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me happy! :-)