Friday, March 25, 2011

Dear Mark,

It is a beautiful day today.  It is sunny and warm, but with a cool breeze.  The windows are open today, and Ella and I can hear the birds outside.  This morning, we snuggled in bed watching cartoons, until Ella decided she wanted to hide under the covers and pretend she was in a cave.  When she got tired of that, she sat at Aidan's little school desk and drew pictures for about half an hour.  We had lunch together on the living room floor.  Then we played dress up with her Nina Ballerina doll that she got for her birthday.  Later, we're planning on painting our toe nails.  Right now, she has every toy she owns in the living room and has been playing non stop.  We are listening to praise and worship music on the radio.  Soon, she will take a nap, in her own bed, surrounded by all the things she loves.  And, I will be the one to tuck her in and read her a story.  I'm hoping that while she is asleep (and after I pick up every toy she owns!) that I can finish the top for Aidan's quilt, and maybe make him a pillow case too.  It won't be long before Aidan gets home from school, and I will be standing out in the drive way waiting for him.  He'll want to have a fruit smoothie as soon as he gets home, so I already have the blender out.  The dishes are finished, the bed is made and the laundry is caught up.  Dinner is in the works.  It is peaceful here today.

Thank you for today.  I am so blessed to be here with our kids...loving on them all day, teaching them, playing with them.  I know, I couldn't do what I'm doing if it weren't for you.  Thank you for sacrificing so much so I can be at home.  Thank you for working so hard and for budgeting our money down to the very last blessed penny.  Thanks for being okay with not having extra money...to travel, to build that cover for the patio, to go to concerts, to buy new shoes!  Thanks for coming home and helping with the kids right away when I know you're tired after working all day.  Thank you for this life you are providing for us.  The kids and I will be eternally grateful to you.  I love you.

Love,

Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me happy! :-)