Wednesday, March 16, 2011

God Works at Minute Clinic

Thanks to various calamities of late, we've been a little low on cash.  Which, wasn't that big of a deal, since everything had already been paid for this month.  But, we're traveling over spring break, and it is always nice to have a little extra traveling money.  So, we thought it was no small coincidence when we got an envelope from Minute Clinic in the mail on Monday.  Mark was positive it was a bill.  He had gone in about a month ago for strep throat and they had only charged him $20.  We thought that was odd since we have a high deductible that wasn't met, so he just assumed they had finally realized that and were sending us the bill.  I laughingly told him, "hey, it could be a check."  He laughed when he opened it, because it was indeed a refund check from Minute Clinic...so that took care of the rest of our traveling money!

Monday's incident made me think of another time, when I had to go to minute clinic due to an extremely painful UTI.  As usual for us, we had no money in the bank, and I wasn't sure how we'd pay for this visit, but I had to go.  I prayed on the way there that God would work it out.  Sure enough, at the end of my visit, the computers wigged out and she could not enter any information.  She couldn't charge me.  Some people may assume that both of these instances were just coincidences.  But, I have learned to give God the glory in all things.  He never ceases to blow my mind.

I am so thankful that God is not susceptible to budget cuts, or high gas prices.  We simply need to focus in on Him and get our mind off of all that the world has to offer.  A great book to read is A.W. Tozer's, The Pursuit of God.  I borrowed it from my mom last week and it is excellent.  The chapter on The Blessedness of Possessing Nothing is life changing.

And, on another note (sort of)...we had another answer to prayer this week when it came to getting our car fixed...the Honda Dealership was quoting us a price that could potentially empty our savings.  I prayed that God would help us figure out another way.  My mom, off-handedly mentioned that she heard some people talking about a great mechanic in Keller at her dentist's office one day.  So, Mark drove around trying to find him.  He was great.  He agreed to look at the car for nothing (unheard of) and let us know what needed to be done.  Ultimately, he was able to fix the problem for a less than what we were quoted, and have it ready for us to leave on our spring break trip.  God is good...all the time.  If you need some auto work done, it is Paul's Total Auto Care on Kroger Dr. in Keller.

I hope you're all enjoying spring break!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me happy! :-)