Monday, March 7, 2011

Monday Motivation:

It's Monday.  Monday is always a catch up day for me.  After having the whole family at home all weekend, I need a day to put the house back in order, get caught up on some laundry, plan out our meals for the week, etc.  It's my day to get back into the swing of things, and sometimes it's a little hard to get going.  Being a mom is just so constant...and sometimes repetitive.  Sometimes I think if I have to empty and reload the dishwasher one more time I'm going to lose my mind.  So, if you, like me, need a little extra coffee, and move just a little bit slower on Monday mornings, here is some motivation for you:

"Do not grow weary in doing good, for at the proper time, we will reap a harvest if we do not give up."  Galatians 6:9


As a mom, I love this verse, because it speaks such promise.  Sometimes, the "good" I'm doing is not very glamorous.  Sometimes, it's washing dishes and underwear and cleaning toothpaste off the vanity for the umpteenth time.  And, here's the kicker: being cheerful and loving while I do it.  Maybe this isn't the "good" that Paul had in mind when he wrote Galatians.  The "good" we do doesn't have to be glamorous or newsworthy to be good.  A big focus of my life right now is to make my home a peaceful place where my family feels cared for and cherished.  I know, this will help my children grow into loving, happy adults.  And, it is my heart's desire, that they will see the love I have comes from the Father, and they will grow to love Him also...and reap a harvest.  So, this week, as you do the dishes and the laundry, cook meals, shop for groceries, and do the dishes and the laundry AGAIN, remember that no act of love is ever in vain.

So, don't grow weary...in your work...in being patient and loving, in restraining negative thoughts and words...in loving discipline...in encouraging...in helping with homework...in being a soft place to land for your family...even though you may not see it now...you are sowing seeds that will some day turn into a beautiful harvest...if you do not give up.  And when you're very tired and you feel like you just can't wash one more dish or read one more story...when every time you sit down, someone needs you to get up...remember you are not alone:

Do you not know?  Have you not heard?
The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. 
He will not grow tired or weary,
and his understanding no one can fathom.
He gives strength to the weary
and increases the power of the weak.
Even youths grow tired and weary,
and young men stumble and fall;
but those who hope in the Lord
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles; 
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.
Isaiah 40:28-31

Have a beautiful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me happy! :-)