Thursday, March 3, 2011

Exceedingly, Abundantly Beyond

Now unto Him who is able to do exceedingly, abundantly beyond all that we ask or can imagine, according to the power that is at work within us, to Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations forever and ever. Amen  Ephesians 3:20-21

This verse has been sitting on my desk for months...since going to a women's weekend at church in October, actually.  I think I've probably read this verse a thousand times, and never thought much about it, until I heard Priscilla Shirer speak on it, via video, on that weekend.  Now, I love it...cling to it actually.  Read it carefully...do you see what it says?  "able to do exceedingly, abundantly beyond all that we ask or can imagine."  So, when you don't know what to do in a situation, or you think a dream of yours is impossible, think about that.  Think about the best that you could ask for or imagine in your particular situation, and then remember, God is able to do exceedingly and abundantly beyond your best case scenario...and is happy to do it, as long as it is glorifying to Him and does not go against his will for your life.  Exceedingly and Abundantly beyond...I love it.  God is a god of abundance!  Think of how you like to heap good things on your children...so does He, and he has unlimited resources.  Sometimes our dreams are too small for ourselves...because we are limited in what we can imagine...but God can do exceedingly AND abundantly BEYOND what we can imagine.  Words cannot really describe what an awesome thing that is.  And, I've seen him do it too...so maybe that's why I get so excited thinking about it.  It is mind boggling.  To Him be the glory to all generations forever and ever!

1 comment:

  1. This is my absolute favorite verse - and it's because I saw the Priscilla Shirer video, too! The Women of Faith conference focused on the "imagine" part of it this year, and I got a bracelet with the verse on it!! LOVE it!!
    Thanks for posting a reminder!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! :-)