Monday, March 28, 2011

Monday Motivation: The Lord Sings

Does anyone else ever buy into the image of God that he is frustrated with us?  Disappointed in us?  Do you ever feel like all you do is let God down, and he must be tired of your constant mucking things up?  I feel that way sometimes.  But, when I really get into the word of God, I see that this just isn't true.  Take this verse in Zephaniah:

The Lord your God is with you, he is mighty to save.
He will take great delight in you, 
he will quiet you with his love,
he will rejoice over you with singing. 
Zephaniah 3:17

I love that.  It speaks to my mother's heart.  I understand this, because I delight in my kids.  They bring me joy.  I love the thought of an all powerful God singing over me.  I sing over my kids...You Are my Sunshine.  They bring me such delight.  I am always singing little songs to them...sometimes real songs, and sometimes goofy songs that I make up on the spot...like when I see Ella in the morning I sing, "There's my baby girl...the prettiest girl in the world!"  Or, "I've got sunshine, on a cloudy day...when it's cold outside, I've got the month of may."  Since Aidan was a tiny baby I've sang to him, "Aidan you are my shining star, don't you go away.  I wanna be right here where you are until my dying day."  Now, he sings it back to me.  It's silly, but it just bubbles out of me because of my great over flowing love for my kids.  

And God feels that way about me.  Even when I say the wrong thing, or lose my temper, or have a little pity party for myself.  He delights in me...and in you.  He sings over us.  Can you wrap your mind around that?  We are His.  What an awesome thought to grasp.  What a wonderful, loving God we serve!

Have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. That has been one of my favorite verses for a long time. You brought a new perspective to it.

    Thanks
    Kevin

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! :-)