Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Botanical Gardens

I love Fort Worth.  I love the stockyards, Sundance Square, all the museums, the zoo, and especially the Botanical Gardens.  My mom and I took the kids there last Saturday.  I have been there many times, but this was the first time I noticed the hollow pecan tree.  It is over 200 years old and completely hollow.  The kids could go all the way inside.  We had a lot of fun walking through the garden.  The weather was beautiful, over 70 degrees in February...another Fort Worth perk.  We'll have to go back soon to see the roses blooming.  Look at my sweet babies enjoying the gardens:

















If you're looking for something fun to do on a pretty day with your kids, I recommend the gardens. Most of it is free, and there are lots of places for a picnic.  We saw one tree with 6 or 7 squirrels running around.  It was a great day.  Hurry up...it won't be long before it will be too hot!  (the downside of Fort Worth!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me happy! :-)